The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering earlier known as Civil Engineering Education Department was established in 1965. The department has contributed largely all major activities of the institute at national and regional level. Some of these include:
- World Bank Assisted Technical Education Project- I, II & III (Academic Coordinator).
- Training of Trainers (TOT) Programme for the personnel of Cement industries
- Training Packages for Environmental Training Institutes of Karnataka & Tamilnadu.
- Curriculum Development for various States
- Laboratory Project for Maharashtra State
- 16 Nos of Video Films in Soil Engineering under ISTE-TTTI Joint Project
- Short Term Content Updating Programmes
- Multi Point Entry & Credit System (MPECS) for Gujarat State
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering shall proactively strive to become an excellent academic leader, change agent and a contributor in catering to the developmental and Human Resource Development (HRD) needs of Technical Education System, Construction Industry, allied service sectors keeping in tune with the mandate and mission of the institute.
Department Faculties : GEOTECHNICAL LABORATORY
1 Soil Density Test
2 Sieve Analysis Test
3 California Bearing Ratio Test
4 Water Content Determination Test
5 Liquid Limit Test
6 Plastic Limit Test
7 Shrinkage Limit Test
8 Un-Confined Compression Test
9 One Dimensional Consolidation Test
10 Compaction Test
11 Tri-Axial Test
12 Direct Shear Strength of Soils
13 Shear Strength and Sensitivity of Soil
14 Soil Permeability Test
CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY
1 Normal Consistency of Cement
2 Setting Time of Cement
3 Soundness of Cement
4 Fineness of Cement
5 Particle Size and Shape
6 Flakiness and Elongation Index
7 Non-Destructive Test
8 Consistency of Concrete
9 Point Load Strength Index of Rock
10 Tensile Strength Test of Steel Bars
11 Bending Strength Test
12 Shear Strength Test of Steel Bars
13 Compressive Strength of Cement /Concrete
14 Crushing Value of Aggregate
15 Slump Test of Concrete
SOFTWARE AVAILABLE IN THE LAB & THEIR APPLICATION
Sr. Name of the Software Application
01 STRUDS Analysis & Design of Building Structures.
02 SEPL-ESR/GSR 3.3 Analysis & Design of RCC Water Tanks.
03 QE Pro 6.0.4 Quantity Estimation and Project Management.
04 PRIMAVERA P6 Planning & Scheduling of Construction.
05 MAP Info 10.0 Visualizing, Querying and Exploring data Geographically
06 ZWCAD 2010 Drafting & Designing work.
07 STAAD Pro 8i Analysis & Design of Building Structures.
08 STAAD Foundation 8i Analysis & Design of Foundation Structures.
09 Micro Station 8i Design, Model, Visualize, Document and Map.
10 Sewer GEMS 8i Sanitary and Combined Sewer Modeling.
11 MX Suite 8i Modeling tool for Road and Highway Design,
Rehabilitation and Renewal.
12 Power Civil 8i Integrated Land and local Infrastructure Development.
13 Storm CAD 8i Modeling for the Design and Analysis of Storm Sewer
14 Power Draft 8i Production 2D/3D Drafting and Detailing.
15 Power Reader 8i Reinforced Arrangement of any work.
16 Architecture 8i Architectural Design and Documentation.
17 Structural 8i Design and Documentation of Structural Systems.
18 Power Map 8i Geospatial data creation, Maintenance and Analysis.
19 Water GEMS 8i Water Distribution Modeling and Management.
20 Auto CAD 30 user Drafting & Designing work.
21 Mat Lab Mathematical Applications.
22 M S Project Project Management.
23 Tool book CBT Development.
Dr. Jain, A.K.
Professor & Head
- Rural development
- Management of community development thrusts
- Appropriate technology development
- Management of Educational Projects & Programmes formulation and their evaluation, Policy aspects
- Curriculum Design, Development & Evaluation and Accreditation
- Instructional System Design & Development
- Competency-based Education and Training
- Environmental Education and Engineering
- Construction Technology and Structural Engineering
- Geo-technical Engineering
Dr. R.K. Dixit
- Design of distance & continuing education systems
- Manpower planning
- Computer aided instructional design
Dr. Tegar, J.P.
· Laboratory development
· Training of teachers in CAD
· Conduct of induction programmes
· Curriculum design and development
· Civil engineering
Dr. Subrat Roy
- Pavement Materials
- Pavement Design
- Pavement Evaluation
Prof. Paliwal, M.C.
- Civil engineering
- Maintenance of civil works
- Training of Trainers