BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Education & Research (DE&R) has the prime focus of training technical education personnel through innovative need based staff development programs and other related areas for effective curriculum implementation. The department also shares the responsibility of promoting research culture to facilitate rational decision-making and solving work related problems.
“Create competent professionals through Innovative models of training and promote research culture in technical institutions to support policy planning and effective decision making”.
The department of education and research will strive to accomplish the following:
Create world class educational managers and leaders in technical education system through master degree of technical education program.
Enhance the technical education personnel through innovative need based staff development programs.
Promote research culture to facilitate rationale decision making and solving work related problems in client system.
- Disseminate researches to enable stake holders to formulate policy at various levels
Offer four semester’s (Two years) full time Master of Technical Education (M. Tech. Ed.) Program.
Make preparations to offer the above mentioned program through flexible modular mode.
Organize need based training programs of various duration for technical teachers, Effective teaching learning Process, Communication Skills development, Guidance and Counseling and Motivation and Attitude Development
Train resource persons in applied / action research to create sufficient database for policy planning and effective decision-making.
Undertake research projects on different aspects of technical education system by forming inter disciplinary teams.
Develop print & non-print instructional material to assist learners to develop competencies in relevant areas.
Undertake collaborative training and research projects for qualitative improvement of the client system.
Establish linkages and networking with various national & international organizations to tap the future potential in the areas of research and training.
Designed and coordinated Masters Programme in technical education (M.Tech.Ed, 2 yrs.) affiliated to Barkatullah University, Bhopal.
- Coordinated Ph.D. in Technical education programme of the institute.
- Coordinated ITP for engineering college teachers.
- Coordinated Induction Training Programmes Phase-I and II for Polytechnic teachers of the region.
- Designed and conducted various training programmes in the areas of Learning & Instruction, Research Methodology, Communication Skills and Guidance & Counseling.
- Conducted / guided researches on various aspects of Technical education system at Master’s & Doctorate levels.
- Developed learning resources on relevant themes of Technical Education system.
Published papers at national and international levels.
Computer workstations with Intranet and Internet facilities.
Education Lab. with educational and psychological tests and inventories.
Department of Education & Research
Dr. Khambayat, R.P.
Professor & Head
- Interaction with industry
- Civil engineering
- Training of teachers
Dr. Saksena, Kiran
- Training of teachers in Technical Education and research methodology
- Research on issues in technician education
- Personality development
Dr. Dixit, Ajit
- Training of Teachers
- Soft skills development
- Electrical Engineering
Dr. Tiwari, Anjana
- Communication skills
- Personality Development
- English Language
- English Literature