Department of Management
The Department of Management committed towards setting the standards of excellence in management education, training and research. It
also offers masters’ level educational programmes (MBA) and doctoral research (PhD). The commitment is management of quality of technical education through customized need based Management Development Programmes (MDP) designed for educational institutions, government/ field agencies and industry.
MBA programme was launched in 2011 in order to reflect upon the needs of today’s global businesses to enable the students to confront positively, the upcoming challenges of corporate world through constantly upgrading the competitive advantage. It strives for creating the class which is competent, skilled and resilient enough to achieve all round excellence in the corporate world.
To develop department of Management as a centre of excellence to offer world class education, training and research in the area of management for technical education systems, industries and field agencies at national and international level.
• Design, develop and implement need based management education programmes from certificate to Ph. D. level
• Offers need based management, executive and supervisory development programmes for various clientele.
• Collaborate, network and cooperate with national and international agencies.
• Develop curriculum for management education, training and research programmes
• Develop instructional material for management education and training programmes
• Promote qualitative research in various areas of management,
• Facilitate management innovations in various systems and organizations.
• Generate revenue through management consultancies.
• Develop policy interventions for systems and organizations.
• Conduct need analysis and research studies for various clients.
• Provide management education services to the community, industries and field agencies.
The core competencies includes, facilitating the process of crafting vision and mission statements, preparing strategic development plan, designing and implementing quality systems, preparing institution for NBA accreditation, preparing DPR with a purpose, curriculum development, instructional resource development, developing leadership, soft skills, managerial skills, appraisal skills, interpersonal skills and the like,performance management system and green management with a focus on climate change and environmental issues for the economy and business. These areas have been developed over the period of years through in-depth research as well as collaborative efforts with a range of national and international organizations.