The achievements in term of Training, LRs Development, Publications, thesis etc are of Individual faculty contributions on the thrust area of Curriculum development and Assessment Education while working with their own core departments within the institute.
The achievements of the then Curriculum Development Centre (CDC) have been very significance over last four decades. Some of acknowledgeable achievements and out-puts are mentioned in annexure-1;
1.1 TRAINING - NATIONAL
Conducted 220 Teachers Training programme and Workshops on Curriculum Development & Assessment on following broad areas and related aspects :
Some of the titles of training programmes and workshops are mentioned below :
- Outcome based curriculum and implementation
- Outcome based curriculum design and development
- Project based learning and its assessment
- Developing soft skills
- Development and use of a rubric for effective assessment
- Assessment rubric
- Question paper design for outcome based curriculum
- Developing question bank for a specific course
- Laboratory experiment design for outcome based curriculum
- Lab manual for outcome based curriculum
- Development of learning material for outcome based curriculum
- Assessment of laboratory experiments for outcome based curriculum
- Assessment of outcomes in outcome based curriculum
- Managing emotional intelligence during teaching learning and assessment
- Digital assessment tools
- Integration of soft skills in curriculum development
- Enhancing employable skills through integrated curriculum
- Curriculum and assessment reforms
- Flexibility in design and development of the curriculum
- Self assessment
- Curriculum framework and structure for technical education
- Assessment of, for and as learning
- Recent advances in design and development of the curriculum
- Curriculum and instruction
- Aligning design and development of the curriculum with NEP and sustainable development course
- Student assessment and evaluation
- Curriculum and pedagogy
1.2 TRAINING - INTERNATIONAL
Contributed in 2 International programmes under ITEC of GOI
- Green TVET (ITEC)- from 19th November to 30th November, 2018
- Promoting Women Entrepreneurship & Start-ups (ITEC-2) from 9th September to 20th September, 2019
1.3 LONG TERM PROGRAMMES
M.Tech. Ed. Programme – Contribution related to Curriculum development and Assessment Education
1.4 CURRICULA DEVELOPED
Areas of Innovation
- Flexibility in Curriculum – Introducing Multi-Point Entry & Credit System (MPECS)
- Assessment /Examination reforms
- Objective Based Curriculum
- Skills based Curriculum
- Competency Based Curriculum Development
- Outcome based Curriculum
- TNA –Techniques
- Tailor made Curriculum design and development approaches
- Curriculum implementation and Monitoring systems through Academic Audit
Specific Innovations in Curriculum and Assessment
Introduced assessment reforms in all curriculum revision projects such as
- Systematic and Scientific need analysis for the design and development of curriculum.
- Use of specification table for ensuring inclusion of questions of higher cognitive level in question papers
- Use of specification table for practical work
- Use of rubrics for assessment of practical skills and attitudes. Sample rubrics prepared for project work, industrial training, seminar etc.
- Designing of proper and specific questions of different types (for example to ensure that questions start with action verbs in place of what, where, why, when, whom and How)
- Introduction of micro projects and assignments/practical work in each course so that complex outcomes at CO level can be assessed
- Introduction of unit level outcomes/session outcomes (in addition to POs and COs) so that focused teaching and assessment is possible
- Identification of courses and session outcomes (theory session/lab session) for each course covering outcomes in all the three domains (Cognitive, Psychomotor and Affective) of learning.
- Inclusion of variety of teaching learning method for instead of Lecture (L) Tutorial (T) and Practicals (P) in scheme of studies and assessment
- Design of specific and meticulous scheme of studies and assessment for outcome based curriculum design and development.
- Emphasis on self employment and start ups by inclusion of courses (entrepreneurship, project management, etc.), industrial visits, expert lectures, workshops and Higher order labs in the curriculum.
- Use of various innovative instructional and implementation strategies like PBL, Case based learning methods & promoting use of online recourses for developing (higher level of cognitive, psychomotor and affective domain abilities) analytical, creative and critical abilities.
- Integration of emerging technologies such as AI. ML, AR, VR, IOT, Data science and analytics etc. appropriately.
- Implementation of some of the courses through Online/MOOC courses to enhance self learning and lifelong learning abilities.
- Focus on development of advanced knowledge & specific skills required for IR4.0 through proposed Centre of Excellence (COE), industry supported labs and professional core and elective courses.
- Inbuilt mechanism for regular upgradation of curriculum by involving all stake holders and education auditors.
- Multi point entry and exit system
- Inclusion of micro projects, assignments and other student centered activities like seminars, surveys, interviews of practicing professionals in each course to cope up with the requirement of outcome attainment.
- Integration of industrial training /internships in semester gaps and capstone project (major project) in each programme.
- Inclusion of Mandatory Audit courses on environment, ethics, Indian culture and civilisation for overall development of scholars as per AICTE and NEP guidelines
- Sample curriculum document of a programme with programme structure and content detailing of one course is appended here for reference (annexure-2)
1.5 PEDAGOGY RESEARCH CONTRIBUTIONS
Curriculum and Assessment: Ph. D. awarded to three faulty members
An institutional funded Research project- 2019-20: Impact study of adapted Assessment Schemes & Credits weightage on the performance of Engineering Graduates of programmes offered in premier institutions in India.
1.6 LEARNING RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT (PRINT & NON-PRINT)
National Resource Centre (NRC) Phase-1 : - Project for “Assessment and Evaluation- 2018-19”:
NITTTR Bhopal has been identified as one among the 75 discipline - specific National Resource Centres (NRCs) under Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers' and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) Scheme for conducting online refresher courses for all faculties under SWAYAM Scheme. NITTTR Bhopal had launched first MOOC programme on STUDENT ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION under this scheme using SWAYAM platform in the month of Nov., 2018.
National Resource Centre (NRC) For Student Assessment and Evaluation under ARPIT Scheme at NITTTR Bhopal- A unique initiative of online professional development of in-service teachers of higher education, using MOOCs platform SWAYAM -Annual Refresher Programme in teaching (ARPIT) was launched by MHRD in October 2018. Funding of Rs. 15 Lakh received for the same. The details of the major achievements and future plans are as under: -
- 785 teachers registered from universities, engineering and polytechnic colleges
- 180 registered for online examination, about 50% passed the examination for certificate
- Designed 18 e-contents, 20 videos, 10 assignments, and two MCQ based Test papers
National Resource Centre (NRC) Phase-2 : Assessment of Practical and Social Skills- 2019-20
NITTTR Bhopal has been selected second time consecutively as National Resource Centre (NRC) for Assessment of Practical and Social Skills in Higher Education (NRC-2 in ARPIT) Scheme - A unique initiative of online professional development of in-service teachers of higher education, using MOOCs platform.
Under this, various themes related to NRC-2 on Assessment of Practical and social skills in Higher Education have been developed by the NRC team members. Feed back on this MOOC course is highly encouraging and appreciated by the SWAYAM Management team, MHRD and course participants. Funding of Rs. 15 Lakhs received for the same. The details of the major achievements and future plans are as under:
- 2497 participants were enrolled in the programme.
- Prepared E-content, video script, assignments etc for the identified course on Assessment of Practical and Social Skills in Higher Education.
- Successfully uploaded all the course material on SWAYAM platform as per the given guidelines (between Nov 2019 to Feb 2020)
- Assessed and gave feedback online on the submitted assignments.
- Tackled participants problems and queries during the course period
- Design and Developed final exam paper and forwarded to Testing Agency (NTA).
List of modules, units and video programmes of NRC-1 on student assessment and evaluation are given in annexure-3, 4 and 5 For NRC-2 on Assessment of Practical and Social Skills, list of video programmes are given in annexure-6.
Under MHRD -NITTTR-C MOOC Project -: One full course of 8 weeks duration on ”Fundamentals of Outcome Based Curriculum in Engineering Education”. It has three major modules, consisting of many units. The department faculty completed eight units under different modules having all Swayam Quadrants, Videos and content, Assignments and discussion forum. Introductory Video of the course also developed. 12 videos developed under for these units, list of units given under 5D.
- Three cycles of MOOC programme have been completed on SWAYAM platform. Next cycle of rerun to begin in Jan 2021.
- More than 4300 participants registered and took the benefit of this course till now
MOOC on Accreditation of Diploma Engineering Programme through Swayam platform of Govt. of India.
- Three cycles of MOOC programme have been completed on Swayam platform. Fourth cycle of the same started
- Around 4 thousand participants trained till now
- Prepared MOOC video programmes, e-contents and assessment questions for the same.
- List of video programmes under MOOC Accreditation programme are given in annexure-7
NVEQCF Project of G.O.I
- LRs development for Dairy Farming Vocation under the area of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Primary Industries under the NVEQCFP of G.O.I, New Delhi (21 modules prepared)
- LRs development under the NVEQCF of G.O.I in the area of Horticulture (7 modules prepared)
Cement Manufacturer Association (CMA) project :
Books/Course Material Published - Three course material by LRDC, Gujarat Annexure-8
Books/Course Material Published - Three course material by LRDC, Gujarat Annexure-8
1.7 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN
- 17 Publications List enclosed as annexure-9
- P.G. Thesis Published as annexure-10
- Patents- 01 in Progress
- Sponsored Projects- Curriculum development project (listed in past achievements)
1.8 CONSULTANCY PROJECTS FOR ACADEMIA/INDUSTRIES/FIELD AGENCIES
a) Curriculum Re-design project for CSVTU Bhilai
- Title of the Project : Curriculum Re-design project for CSVTU, Bhilai
- Duration of the Project : 2017-2020
- Total number of programmes re-design : 15
- Title of the Programmes redesigned: Given in annexure-11
b) Curriculum Re-design project for GTU, Gujarat State
- Total Course Developed: About 600
- Title of the Programmes redesigned : list given in annexure-12
c) Curriculum Re-design project for MSBTE-Maharashtra State
- Title of the Programmes redesigned for 17 Programmes - annexure-13
- Duration of the Project : 2016-20
d) Consultancy project for Rajya Siksha Kendra (RSK), M.P.
- Capacity building programmes and LR for teachers on Curriculum and Assessment
1.9 EXTENSION SERVICES
05 Vetting of equipment under DCA project of Govt. of India AT Polytechnics
1.10 DISTANCE LEARNING MODE
03 Three course material published by LRDC Gujarat
1.11 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT:
Contributed in RGNDWM , Govt. of India.